Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 3


Seeing as today really wasn't all that exciting (just church and school work), I decided to look around and see what struck me as worthy of remembering. If my sisters see this picture, I'm sure they'd roll their eyes, but I'm using it anyway.
For me, seeing my finger nails looking nice and long is not a vanity issue so much as it is a reminder of the strength and will power God gives. All through elementry, jr. high, high school and college I bit my nails as a nervous habit. I tried everything to break it from chewing gum, to acryllics, to nasty tasting stuff, but nothing worked. I can't pin point a day when I quit biting my nails, I just know, little by little, it happened. Seeing them long reminds me that I do have the strength to break life long bad habits and change is possible. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment